Kerbey Lane Cafe’s success is a product of the support given to us by our community.
Throughout our 30+ years in business, we have made it a priority to support the Austin community by contributing our time, resources and energy to local organizations.
We encourage our team members to be active participants in the community by offering volunteer and philanthropic opportunities to anyone who wishes to participate. Kerbey Lane Cafe has ongoing partnerships with several Austin philanthropic organizations, including an ever-growing connection with The United Way for Greater Austin.
We also have a long and proud history of supporting local farmers, ranchers and other business owners by sourcing ingredients from local suppliers. Kerbey Lane Cafe recognizes our role as a citizen of the global community and we try to be active stewards for our environment by maintaining an active recycling and composting program, using energy-efficient equipment and donating excess food to charity rather than allowing it to go to waste.
Due to a large volume of requests, we ask that all requests be submitted using the form below, not at our store locations. Decisions are made based on the organization’s consistency with Kerbey Lane Cafe’s mission, vision and goals and the perceived impact of the donation.
We do our best to fulfill as many requests as possible, but we give priority to Austin-based non-profit groups focused in the following areas:
- Organizations who facilitate or promote healthy or sustainable food for the less fortunate.
- Independent school districts and Early Childhood Centers.
We are typically unable to support the following types of requests:
- Food donations
- Cash sponsorships
- Percentage of sales donations (“Spirit Days/Weeks/Nights”)
- Discount programs
- For-profit donations
Donations are reviewed and allocated QUARTERLY as follows – please plan your requests well in advance of your event:
- January 1st-March 31st | Donations will be mailed on the second business day of April
- April 1st-June 30th | Donations will be mailed on the second business day of July
- July 1st-September 30th | Donations will be mailed on the second business day of October
- October 1st- December 31st | Donations will be mailed on the fifth business day of January
Requests are evaluated on the first business day after the quarter end; the inquiring organization will then be notified through email if their donation request has been granted. To request a donation please fill out the form below in its entirety.